Is your content gaining the traction that it deserves? It’s genuinely frustrating when the content that you have put your “blood and sweat” results in a dud. But before losing heart, ask yourself whether it’s your content or some minor technicality that you seemed to have overlooked. If you stand by your content, then its time you roll up your sleeves and look into the crux of the problem. What if we were to tell you, that there are smart ways to help you turn around your “underperforming” content and bring in the well-deserved engagement.
Don’t believe us, until you are at the end of the blog!
Web pages that are optimized for long-tail keywords tend to perform better. It's because long-tail keywords are incredibly descriptive and less competitive, so ranking them is much easier. When your old content does not generate search traffic, you might have skipped keyword analysis or targeted keywords that are genuinely competitive. And by identifying and using potential long-tail keywords, you can boost the traffic to your old posts.
Every single piece of content must either:
• Address a specific keyword, or
• Respond to a question
You are producing content online for a reason: for users to search for specific information and ultimately find your content because of all those searches. Note that Google isn't the only organization that uses keywords in its ranking algorithm. Many sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, and even authority sites, depend on keyword search functions. The one thing almost every blogger talks about is long-tail keywords. If you'd like to rate your blog and your article, then long-tail keywords play a significant role. Short keywords such as "marketing," "SEO," "blogging" are very competitive. But if you're going for something like "marketing tips to follow in 2020," "SEO strategies that worked for me to boost rankings," "ideas to make money from blogging," etc., it's a lot less competitive and more particular that solves the audience's issues. Adding long-tail keywords doesn't mean that your article is ranked for that keyword. It also relies on how much of the standard and useful content you generate for that particular keyword—creating content for your target users after doing proper keyword research and applying the filtered long-tail keywords in your existing blog posts. This step is essential before optimizing your current blog content.
An easy, fast strategy to increase your search traffic to your old content is to do the appropriate optimization on-page (keeping in mind your primary and secondary keywords). Would you like to push more traffic towards your existing blog content? A few questions to ask yourself are- Are your SEO articles optimized, and Have you made your blogs more comprehensible? You've probably missed a few on the on-page optimization, or they are not up to the current best SEO practices. This could be the major reason for not getting any traffic from Google.
However, there are two key ways to rectify this problem. It is on-page optimization and off-page optimization. Here are several on-page optimization strategies that you can use to get more web traffic when re-optimizing your old blog posts-
• Write a great blog post headline. Keep the length of the headline to less than 65 characters (or they get truncated in search results, which is not good for SEO).
• Use your important keywords in the first paragraph, the content where it is required, and then the last paragraph. Don't use unnecessary keywords and avoid keyword stuffing.
• Please add the appropriate meta description in each blog post.
• While updating your old content, link to your new articles or any other helpful links. Interlinking not only increases your SEO ranking, but it also motivates audiences to spend more time on your blog.
• Write content that is really engaging, relevant, and useful. You can not miss this one while the content is being updated. It should be a masterpiece; otherwise, it doesn't make sense to re-optimize your content.
You can get a major advantage when updating your old and underperforming content — for example, you can link to your new articles (which rank well already). Make sure you work on both internal and external links to your existing blog posts from different sites, respectively, to get better ranking. Take links from authentic, trusted, and high authority websites to your blog, and Google will benefit your website for better ranking.
So here are some strategies to get quality links to old blog posts-
• Create a list of influential niche bloggers and ask them to link back to your sites. It works perfectly when you're already frequently linking to their material (and your content also has to be truly insightful and unique in order to get links from influencers).
• Submit your blog to different forums like Blog Engage, Blokube, Indiblogger, Knigge, etc. A few of these forums give you backlinks to dofollow when you submit fresh content (or old blog posts). So, increasing the publicity to your existing content is really beneficial for you.
• Submit your blog to social bookmarking web pages. This is one of the best ways of getting better links to your website. Sites such as Digg, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Quora are truly great.
• Visuals rise higher than material. By generating visual content such as infographics, presentations, videos, quotes images, your blog draws audiences, and they'll most probably share it. It allows your blog to generate new leads.
Power words – indeed, words have power after all. Use the correct ones in your headlines and boost your CTR. Google cares just about its users and also the most important, helpful, interesting, and prompt information to be given. With more people clicking on your results, Google may want to send further search users to your page, even if you're at # 5. Insert power words to your headlines. These are words of action that trigger the user to hold and read on whatever else they do. The headline is formed of words. So, it's important to select the right words. Power words can empower search, social, and blog users to click on the headline. Understand that most people share content which they haven't read on their own. One of the major factors that will end up making your content popular is how convincing your headline is. Use power words in your headline to gain trust with users. Poor words don't make people excited. Any writer, blogger, or content creator who often used poor words in their headlines is unlikely to create a profitable business. Avoid using words that bore your audiences or get users to search. You're doing a disservice to yourself and placing the obstacles on organic traffic. Discover your under-performing content, then focus on improving your headlines by adding appropriate power words.
The main source of content marketing is the specific intent of the user. If your content does not meet the specific need or response to your user's query, you have to think again. Your content may not have matched the intent of the search user. If visitors land on the page and can't actually find any reason to continue reading, they'll leave. And the solution is easy: to deliver the required content in the correct format. If your audience is searching for step-by-step guidelines, don't deliver them any hacks or suggestions. Concentrate on intent for the user. Keywords point out to you what users probably want. The intent for every keyword is hidden behind that keyword. Discover it and get it right in your article. Your underperforming content will eventually gain popularity again.
Just remember to add quite enough data as is beneficial to your existing content. Also, ensure you get as many links as possible while interlinking to your old content because it can support your content rank well enough on Google. Get more incoming links to your old posts. You require links if you wish to drive organic traffic to your content. And, quite often, you may need a lot of links, depending on the level of competition. As a team of well-qualified experts, BitQuest further intends to strategize and execute innovative strategies to improve customer experience and take your business organization towards the next level! Visit our official website for more details.